RCU Forums - View Single Post - On The Fly Manual Mixture Linkage-HELP
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2007, 07:15 PM
mopartybob

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: On The Fly Manual Mixture Linkage-HELP

hey sean,this is the first time I've ever used one and I did also read that same post by jetpack and another link that was providided by P chuck in that forum,I can see the advantages of the thumb wheel set-up, if you keep changing props and fuels,and being a racer....(I'm not) just looking for speed... anyways,let me put it in my perspective from which I have experienced as you and others have as well....ever get your boat runnin nice and fast just to flame out after 2 laps...?,just to find out that it needed to be richened ,which then took some performance off but in turn burned the whole tank?? get it .......what i'm after in this set-up is this,but first, let me outline the application...this cmb .21 is going in my ABS (glass re-inforced)31" nitro vee,runnin thru speedmaster hardware,into a aquacraft 42-55 prop,this thing is gonna run out of lake,or eyesight real fast,before i have to back-off the throttle so I wont have any time to fidget with a thumbwheel, I need sumthin that will be pretty fast in reacting to throttle variations....It's just out-of-the-box thinking for my particular needs and application,and more likely than not ...wont work for others.......[:-]