RCU Forums - View Single Post - 14mz and jets ??
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2007, 03:38 AM
ViperOneNL

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 14mz and jets ??

Erbroens,

Going to read the tread you pointed at. Been using the 14MZ now for 1.5 years without issues, but always open to "other" or "new" opinions.

OK read it, I now understand your less than enthusiasm for the T14MZ, but I cant help feeling that this could have happened with any TX with that difference that you dont get a message and it will just quit working. The additional message might give the impression that CE was the faulting party, but since futaba replace the complete mainboard it sounds more like a electronic component failure, which CE detected/or was hampered by during its normal operations.

Frankly I guess you got a lemon, and there will always be lemons with every equipment we buy. I have seen 9z quit during flight due to electronic problems, saw module failures etc. All in all I think that saying that a T14MZ is a dangerous TX and that you should stay far away from it is somewhat over the edge.

But again I can understand your frustration and fear. Just wanted to make sure that if somebody askes for advice he/she will get the best advice possible (which is a problem on its own with all the different opinions around)

Cheers,

Mick.