RCU Forums - View Single Post - 14mz and jets ??
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2007, 11:36 AM
erbroens

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Default RE: 14mz and jets ??

Hi Mick, I agree that saying that a top radio from a manufacturer is dangerous in RCU is a radical thing to do, but I stand for it.

My frustration is not based that I always thought that having a Win CE in a R/C transmitter was asking for trouble, but how irresponsably Futaba is acting until now, keeping the faster rate PCM G3 still available for the R/C flyers even when they admit in the radio´s manual that this rate is more prone to interference (!) and should be avoided in a crowded field (!!!) Haven´t they witnessed yet what happens with a jet when it gets a lockout for 2 seconds? Or do they think that we know better than them when we can use mode "a" or mode "b" ?

Unfortunately this was found only recently, and the modeling comunity was spared from a
serious accident just by plain luck, as the people who related the first problems with
this gear faced skepticism . Who dared to say that the PCMG3 was more prone to interference when it was launched and the new receiver wasn´t available?

IMO The same applies to the Win CE question. I bought the radio believing that paralel processing idea, but what happened to me was the proof that it is not worth to add complexity to the radio with a Graphical User Interface at the cost of not knowing exactly
what is happening inside it´s circuit.. (and thus installing a "reset" button on the TX , just for mention it). Of course, any TX like the 9Z can stop working at any moment by a fail in the battery, or in a circuit or in a component, but why adding to it another huge and unnecessary variable on the chain? Doesn´t looks wise to me.

Like I said in the other thread, I respect anyone´s decision on using this radio or not, but the idea of not leting others know the info we got on this subject ( based on the inherent risk involved in our hobby) is quite unbearable to me.

Best regards, Enrique