RCU Forums - View Single Post - Warp in Skyraider Mach-2 wing
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2007, 06:35 PM
ChuckW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Warp in Skyraider Mach-2 wing

I wanted a cheap little "beater plane" just to practice landings and stuff and I figured a World Models Skyraider Mach-2 ARF would be perfect since it was simple and only cost $69. I flew it today and had to add a ton of right aileron trim to make it fly level. I brought it down, rechecked all my assembly work and everything was good. When I got it home, I started checking the wing and found a fairly bad twist in the right half. It appears to have been built that way. The left half is fine.

I've tried twisting it the other way and re-shrinking the covering. This has helped a little but it won't completely remove the twist. Is there some other method or trick that I'm not aware of? I'm scared to apply too much heat or force on the lousy covering used on this plane.

I suppose I could just live with the problem since it's not exactly intended as a precision flyer anyhow. It's just frustrating. I probably should have checked the wing halves when unpacking the plane then returned it to the LHS. Live and learn.

Thanks in advance for your input and ideas.