RCU Forums - View Single Post - Airplane rudder gyro
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2007, 11:59 AM
Big_Bird
My Feedback: (1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: Airplane rudder gyro

"The only disadvantage I see so far in using the GY401 gyro is that your dual or triple rates don't work on the gyro channel which, in my case, is the rudder. Everything, even in normal mode, is at the high rate so I used lots of expo, like 75%, on the lo rate switch side. Unless I find the answer for this I would not use the gyro if you have rudder mixed with ailerons to get a coordinated turn on a larger or scale model. It just may give you the opposite of what you expect.

Do you know how to totally disable the GY401 in flight so the dual rates will work as you would expect?"

Hank, Maybe I am misunderstanding what you are saying. I drug out my retired Futaba FP-T7UAF transmitter and put a charge on it. I set the dual rate for the rudder channel 4 at 100% and 50%. I wanted to see if the dual rate on channel 4 had anything to do with the operation of the gyro control channel 5. As I suspected, it did not. Channel 4 and 5 are completely separate independent channel and do not effect each other. Even in a situation where the rudder is a mixed slave to the aileron the rudder will receive a normal signal through the gyro. All of this mixed operation should be in the Normal mode and not in the HH mode. At this point I don't see why the dual rate switch on your rudder would not work as it always has.

By the way, with mixing, I can use switch C, a 3 way switch, for AVCS-off-Normal on my 8UAP and 8UAPS transmitters. I don't see any way to do that on your 7UAF