RCU Forums - View Single Post - Balancer for multiple brands?
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2007, 04:00 PM
rchotrod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Balancer for multiple brands?

*quote*[opinion] I think the Lipo manufacturers still think they can force you to buy their brand batteries and chargers and esc's and whatever else, forever, once you commit to their style of connector. If so, that's incredibly lame and short-sighted. [/opinion]

I wish the li-po manufacturers would read this! Maybe we should have a masive email party to let the manufacturers know what we want.

How long did it take for the radio manufacturers to standardize the servo plugs. Still only futaba has to have the little tab. But at least the wires are all in the same places. I bet they sell even more servos now because of the standard plugs.

Come on li-po manufacturers, get with it! Make the balance plugs with a standard wiring. We will still be brand loyal. It will come down to which manufacturer can come up with the best FEATURES on the charger or balancer, not just because it FITS.

I have also noticed that some of the balance plugs use funky ways to show + or - on the plug. I was always taught that RED is + and BLACK is -. I see plugs with one - and three + and some with three - and one +.[:@

Sorry don't want to turn this thread into a rant. But I agree with Bad Daddy.

See ya,
Rod