RCU Forums - View Single Post - 2.4 Satisfaction Poll
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2007, 07:25 PM
Windwizard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2.4 Satifaction Poll

I lost a plane this morning using the Spektrum DX-6 with the AR 6000 receiver. Was flying a Multiplex Easy Glider that has flown perfectly with this system many times and have been in a thermal until it was a mere speck, with no problems ever. Had a good pre-flight, TX on the proper model, freshly charged LiPo battery (using Blinky balancer) and charged the JR 2500 mAh NIMH in the TX all night, as I always do. I have the Multiplex upgrade kit using a 400 brushless motor, new ESC, new prop and new Impulse 3 cell 1450 mAh LiPo. I was 8 minutes into the flight (I've flown 29 minutes at 1/2 throttle before with no problems). I was cruising straight & level at about 500 feet looking for thermals when I completely lost control. I moved the throttle to idle and the plane went straight in at full throttle and I had no contol over it. The crash site was less than 100 yards from where I was standing. COULD I HAVE BEEN HIT? There was a pick-up truck parked about 1/4 mile away in an area that helicopters have been flown in the past, but they were always on Spektrum. I didn't go over to check the truck after the crash, maybe I should have? Other than the truck, I was the ONLY one at our flying field.

The cockpit in the Easy Glider is a little cramped and I always coil the aileron leads and the "Y" lead and put the wires almost on top of the receiver, and they NEVER move. The antenna on the RX is taped down and the wires are at 90% to each other. I've flown in this configuration many times with no problems. Any help would be appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yv66327.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	41.4 KB
ID:	750301   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kf14180.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	71.2 KB
ID:	750302   Click image for larger version

Name:	Di10543.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	140.2 KB