RCU Forums - View Single Post - Difference between IMAC and Pattern
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2007, 09:37 PM
DMichael
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Difference between IMAC and Pattern

Great Post Bill. I couldn't agree more with the your sentiments. I've been flying IMAC for 10 years now. I have flown in one pattern contest and plan to fly more- I am working on completing my plane now. Fly pattern or fly IMAC- to me, they are both very satisfying and worthwhile- and fun!

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy flying at the local club and there is lots of fun and comradarie to be had- but at the contests I have gone to and through the friendships I have developed with flyers from other clubs and other states, I just really find it is the friendliest and most fun atmosphere of any flying I do.
Bill's story about the servo is not unusual (though a very generous example). Maybe you'll have the same kinds experiences that we've enjoyed.

To add to the answers to your first question- find out who is flying IMAC or pattern near you and check it out. You can find IMAC contests at www.mini-iac.com - then click on your region and there will be a drop down box for contests and contest results. The pattern website is www.nsrca.org - click on the district websites link on the right hand side of the page and you should be able to find upcoming contests in your district.

Dave