RCU Forums - View Single Post - Chanute KS race 25 and 26 August
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2007, 09:37 PM
Sean Bowf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Chanute KS race 25 and 26 August

It will take me a bit (tomorrow?) before I can get the RTR videos out...but here is a couple pics off my camera.

The first one is Kelly's boat (if you still want to call it that). I am VERY focussed when I race, and did not even see it run up onto the shore. I take it that it must have hit a rock or something, because it was split wide open.

As to the RTR mod grudge Trophy. As a background, I can't really remember who started the idea...but the idea came up that we should get a traveling "grudge trophy" that is passed from winner to winner whenever over half of us are at a RC boat event (race, fun run, grudge match, etc). Clint ponied up for the original trophy, then the idea came out that whomever wins it, needs to add something to it, then bring it to the next race. We had talked about what it takes to be considered a "grudge racer", but I won't get into that here. Anyhow, I won it the first two times out...and I put the base on it with small brass plaquered everyone can put their name on as they win it. This weekend, Kip Woods won 1st place at the race, and accepted the "terms" of being a grudge racer. That being said, I presented the trophy to him, and he is now the grudge trophy holder (second pic below). Very glad to see someone else get it...even if he does race a proboat...

He runs a formula proboat with a CVRM in it (pretty sure that is his setup). I think he finished all five heats this weekend.

Sean

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr49819.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	63.7 KB
ID:	750485   Click image for larger version

Name:	Av67384.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	750486