RCU Forums - View Single Post - 2.4 Satisfaction Poll
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2007, 11:24 AM
altacom
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2.4 Satisfaction Poll

ORIGINAL: walterPPK

XPS with Futaba 9C.... A match made in heaven!.
Agreed!! 100%

But there was a learning curve. I converted from the standard FM and had to make some changes to insure success. The DX-6 taught me a lot, and now the XPS is continuing my education.

1. Most FM receivers are deep in the plane, and hidden to 2.4 signals. SS receivers have to be above all mass that can attenuate the signal, Battery pack, motor, servos etc. This took some work and thought on some of my planes to get the appropriate range check.
2. Anything moving around inside the plane can attenuate the signal. All wires, etc must be tied down and secured against moving around. And no wiring within 2 inches of the antenna (s).
3. Range checks are mandatory, and must be done in a 360 degree circle around your plane. If you find a dead spot, something is blocking signal at that attitude, and must be tracked down and changed.
4. keep the TX antenna at least 1 inch away from the metal handle. SS still does not like to have the antenna pointed at your plane.

There will be other requirements as time goes on and the technology becomes more prevalent. But right now a giant step has been take in the RC modeling world.