RCU Forums - View Single Post - Dos Little Stiks
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2007, 06:18 PM
jrbmoto

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Dos Little Stiks

Hey flightprep,
Thanks for the compliments! This has really been a fun project. I'm amazed how quickly they're going together. Another cool thing about this kit is that it has some updates. I mentioned the bolt on wing option but the mod I like the best is that the fuselage is 1/2' wider than the original. Eddie @ Lazer-Works explained to me that this was done to make mounting a larger engine mount easier and it also it gives you more room for radio gear.
For pushrods, I opted for the solid rod thru a plastic tube setup for the elevator and rudder, anchoring at each former. I like this setup better than the suggested wood dowels because theres virtually no way for it to flex.
You mentioned building a "winter stik" I think thats a great idea! If you don't already have a kit, I highly recomend this one. You can't beat the price($37.43) or the service. As for how it will do at full throttle, I don't think I'll be doing any high speed passes, I mainly want the power for verticle manuvers. I'll post more pics next time after I get some more work done. It was over 100 in So Cal today, so I don't think I'll be sanding balsa in the garage tonight!

-Johnny-