RCU Forums - View Single Post - sintered rotor + mamba max
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2007, 12:25 AM
Slo-V Flyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: sintered rotor + mamba max

ORIGINAL: kavvika

Feiago might be the OEM for the new Trinity brushless motor, as the can looks exactly the same as their 380C motors, but I don't think they OEM any other companies motors, such as Orions Vortex and Peaks Vantage. Correct me if I'm wrong though. I'm looking for a brushless motor and have been told to stay away from Feiago, since there are better choices. I was recommended a Peak or Orion 6.5T. But if it turns out they're manufactured under Feiago, I might have to look elsewhere...

But anyways, stick with sintered rotors for cooler running motors, especially at partial throttle. The main reason the Mamba Max CMS36 motors get much hotter, and overheat in some case, is because they use a bonded rotor.
Nope if you read Access' post above, he linked to the Mamba Max manual, states that they use sintered rotors in the CSM36 motors.

Even then, yeah the Mamba Max motors feel easy to spin by hand, compared to my Novak 3.5R's sintered rotor which as a good "clicky" feel to it, much like a brushed motor.