RCU Forums - View Single Post - Futaba 8UAP TX how good is it?
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2007, 10:06 AM
martinoto

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Futaba 8UAP TX how good is it?

Like Havinfun, I have an 8UAPS since 2001, and last year I got a 9CAPS, which I barely use. For me the 8UAPS is easier to program, but I guess that this is probably because it was the first I use for serious programming. Probably is as easy/difficult to program as the 9C.

Mine works perfect, and I am a very happy user of it. Also, the RF Module is a great advantage over the 7C. For instance, last year I exchange my fix channel RF module for a synthesized one, and in the future I can still upgrade it to a FASST module as well, without losing my programs.
You have to consider how deep into programing are you going in order to compare. In my case, all my planes have dual aileron servos, so I program Flaperons. And all have the flaperons as flaps in one of the three way switches, Flap to Elev mix, Elev to Flap mix, Airbrake, Differential (thru the Flaperons function)and TH-Cut. All of it is very easy, altough the manual wont be your definite source for help, Futaba FAQ is useful for programming, as well as the posts from Anne Marie Cross of the past. Three years ago I borrowed a 9WC2 from a friend, because I was thinking of getting one. Since I couldn't do any different nor easier with it, I just save the money for a better use.

There are few things that I would love to change on the 8UAP, but none are part of the 9C either, so I guess I am well for now and for the near future. Being those "toys" so expensive, I like to have the opportunity to upgrade to new possibilities, and at least in this case, Futaba did a great job.