RCU Forums - View Single Post - "OFFICIAL"Redcat Racing 1/8th BUGGY thread (not truck thread)
Old 08-30-2007, 04:35 AM
grizz1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: "OFFICIAL"Redcat Racing 1/8th BUGGY thread (not truck thread)

Hey, thats great news about your mate - be nice for you to have a bashing partner, especially having the same cars. You will be able to bring him up to speed on the Bazooka and maybe you can share the cost of nitro, and building up a supply of commonly used spares.
Looks like that chassis will come in handy.
Have you settled on a boat yet, or are you still hunting ?
Hoping for a fine weekend here as I have made some minor adjustments and am keen to get back on the track and see how we run.
Been getting a really good turn out at the track lately on the weekends for casual bashing, tuning and a bit of feircly competitive ¨unofficial¨ racing between some of the better drivers. Man these guys are good to watch, as they are very quick but very tidy around the track. Hopefully my mate will get some video in the near future that I can post. There are lots of new guys appearing all the time in the truggy class. Truggies really seem to be the new rage in NZ with GS, Mugen and Losi being the main contenders.
Louie you will be interested to know that nearly all the top cars are running either the GO TECH 5 port or the GO TECH .28, with a few NINJA .21s thrown in. I was watching a few of the guys going hard out last week and those GO TECH motors are awesome. The 5 port has huge low end grunt but really screams at the top end as well. All the .21s in the truggies are the 5 port models with long headers and low end pipes to suit the track conditions, but the top end performance on the back straight is wickedly fast. These motors retail here for NZ$359 and I am told that a new piston and sleeve is only NZ$160 !! Very affordable performance - so guess what Santa is leaving under grizz´s Christmas tree this year I don´t think I would bother getting the Massive Mods version ($100 more), as I would have to send over to Australia for a modified sleeve at extra cost when it came time to recondition, plus the performance of the standard motor with a decent pipe is plenty good enough. I would rather save the extra dollars and get the 7 port version for my buggy !!!! Hey, us nitro heads are always thinking ahead - right [8D]