RCU Forums - View Single Post - Fuji-Imvac marine engines
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2007, 11:48 AM
Justaddwata
My Feedback: (3)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: Fuji-Imvac marine engines

ORIGINAL: webdr

What if I was to say that I was going to acquire this new engine for free, would it fit height wise in a lightning cat? Basically, If I can get a free new BT28 Im going to take it, atleast Ill have a motor to start with, right? You said limited aftermarket; who makes the limited aftermarket? All I want is a tuned pipe for it.
If you get one for free it may be worth considering. (I know if I got one for free it would sit under the bench). I say MAY be worth considering because you still have to spend hours setting her up and then if there are problems down the road it becomes less and less a free motor. Plus if you are not seeing the performance you anticipate you are only going to have to spend more money and more time making things the way they should have been from the start.

Having no experience with the new 28 I cant say what pipes would and would not fit. I would imagine it would use a zenoah sized manifold and spacing but I would wait till you have it in hand and measure it before ordering a pipe.