RCU Forums - View Single Post - Welcome to Club SAITO !
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2007, 09:03 PM
iflyfisher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Welcome to Club SAITO !

Okay, for membership I have a Saito 91S in my Andrews Aeromaster, another in my Midwest Citabria, and a 150 in my soon to be completed CG Ultimate.

Have a couple of questions for you Saito owners.

I have never really been able to get my 91 in my Citabria to run well. The engine is mounted about about 140 degrees, somewhere between horizontal and inverted. It has on board glow and I had troubles with the on board glow, which was fixed with a new, higher capacity battery. Had the plane out today, and it kept quitting on me about 7-8 mins into my flights. I am running OS Type F plugs. The first time it quit I thought it was lean, so I richened it up just a click or two. Refueled and started having troubles getting the plane off idle. Once the throttle was advanced enough to turn off the glow, it would quit. I tried tweaking the low speed idle mixture and resetting the main mixture. Got it so it would stay lit from idle to full and took the skies again. Got about six or seven minutes into the flight and it quit on low/mid rpm. Rich enough as I had a slight smoke trail. Got a couple more flights in, but each ended in a dead stick. Back on the ground the engine again would not transition from low to high (on glow to off glow). I tinkered with it quite a while. Then figured the problem must be my fuel. The 15% Omega I was using was the last of a gallon I had purchased last year. What do you guys think? I have never had a problem with the Saito in my Aeromaster. I don't think I have had one good consistent outing with this plan/engine since I built it. How sensitive is that low speed idle mixture?

Second question. I have mounted the 150 in my Ultimate with the engine horizontal. The idle mixture screw is at the top, which puts my fuel line at the top, above the level of my tank. The carb itself is lower. I'm hoping I am going to have enough pressure to flow the fuel. Anybody else done this?

Thanks,

Ken