RCU Forums - View Single Post - The Official "Forget" Integy Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2007, 08:15 AM
integy1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The Official "F" Integy Thread

Kieth, my replied was a bit late ... but on 8/15/07, I did replied to your inquiry and then quoted you the cost of replacement gears. The shop has been extremely busy lately and I'm trying to get all the e-mails and tech support questions answered. You told me that the servo ran for 70 hours, so I have to do a little reserach to see which parts inside the servo need to be replaced. You told me a lot of different information, at one point I had to asked you to check the gears to see what happened exactly. I then offered you the replacement gears for $15.41 including shipping and the next thing I know is you said you won't pay thru. Paypal and showed me this thread.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Not for $15 and I already told you that I do not use PayPal.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On 9/3/07, [email protected] < [email protected]> wrote:
Do you want the replacement gears?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Request Money Details

Recipient:
Recipient Status: This recipient is not yet registered. PayPal will send an email to the recipient explaining how to complete your transaction.
Amount: $15.41 USD
Email Subject: replacement gear set for C22435MG
Note: $15.41 includes gears and priority mail shipping.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for your inquiry. Metal gears in the RG servo line don't usually break under normal circumstances unless the servo saver was set too stiff or the flips/crashes were very hard. Please check to see if you can set the servo saver softer. I'm not 100% sure but maybe it's the plastic gear that strip or there could be other issues with the servo ... this is the first time we get request for replacement gear, I need to submit a request to production dept. and the process can take 3-4 weeks for normal delivery. However, if you take apart the servo and let me know the exact gear you need and I might be able to locate one from the RMA bin. I do need a clear picture and # of teeth count.

70 hours runtime in off-road condition isn't bad actually, I have seen units from other brands lasting much shorter time. (<1hr. is not uncommon) So, I recommend getting a new replacement servo but I understand that this is not what you intended to do. This is what we can offer you. Register in our web site using the following link:

http://www.integy.com

Let us know your USER_ID and we will offer you a good discount.

Best Regards,
Bill @ Integy Tech Support

Ok listen, your customer service SUCKS! I have had my ticket up on your web site for 6 damn days now and you claim 24 hour response? Can someone please answer my question for god sake? Its been a week with no answers and this is bull ****.

Hi,

Attached are three pictures of the servo and gears along with the number of teeth on each gear. It does not seem to be a plastic gear that is slipping, its the spot that the large gear meets the smaller gear in the pictures. The servo does turn, but as soon as you place the RC on the ground the gears spin and do not turn the wheels. I am running the servo on a Traxxas Revo that is used for racing only, so all of the use of this servo is under normal racing conditions. The motor to the servo is very strong still, thats why I want to rebuild this servo instead of throw it away. My contact information is:

Thanks for your help,

Keith

If you can get a hold of them I am going to want at least two sets of them. This first set of gears striped out after only 4 months or racing two days a week. Thats less than 70 hours of use. I just purchased another Integy servo for my RC10T4, are you having this problem with all your servo's? I cant have the truck sitting on my shelf waiting for a servo gear to get it going. ROAR Nationals are coming up soon and I need as much track time as I can get. Thanks for your help.

Ok listen, your customer service SUCKS! I have had my ticket up on your web site for 6 damn days now and you claim 24 hour response? Can someone please answer my question for god sake? Its been a week with no answers and this is bull ****.
Hi,

I was able to locate the problem. If you look at the attached photo, you will see a large gear with a smaller gear attached to it. This is NOT a single gear (single piece of metal) it is two gear joined together. I was able to turn the servo on and watch the gears turning inside each other. The stripped part is where those two gears join together inside each other if that makes sense? Instead of the two parts turning as one.....the large gear turns and the small gear inside it does not turn at all, it just lets the large gear spin around it without moving. So there is not any stripped teeth in the gears. Its just the two gears not being joined together anymore. Can you understand what I am trying to explain here?

Thanks,

Hi,

I have one of your RG Servo 41x20x38mm 6.0V/0.17s/190oz-in. Its only a
couple months old and it has a striped gear in it. Can you tell me a
part number so I can order a replacement set of metal gears so I can
fix it please.

Thanks,