RCU Forums - View Single Post - Kyosho Twin Storm 800 Owners!
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2007, 11:46 AM
Antony Poon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Kyosho Twin Storm 800 Owners!

Simon, at my time when I played my TwinStorm, the best type cooling jacket was plastic (that allows water to run directly on the motor). I got them from Offshore and I see that they are now selling some metal ones.

What do you mean by "Short out" the FETS? I did not need to cut them, but after I pressed the FETS on the metal legs (for cooling), I applied water-proof clue on top of the whole ESC (of which has no case). It worked very well with water pick-up from the bottom of the boat (used two water pick-ups). If you mean the "shorting the electronic" then no need to worry. They are made of plastic.

No, flipping the boat in here, was meant, the boat flipped by itself because of too much power. It was too fast even it flipped on straight line (in clam water). Please take note that all necessary methods were used to keep the head down. In fact, if I adjusted it a little too deep, it might just dive into the water. My conclusion was, this boat is a fun boat and I still love to play with it. But the speed of it cannot reach too high (e.g. over 35 or 40 km/hr.) If you install TWIN systems, it will work with many options to play. But make sure you keep the speed down.

p.s. ON the lake? With your intended set up, the boat will be very very heavy. It works fine when trying. But you may lose your whole boat when it has a flip and dive. It is simply too heavy! (Two motors, ESCs, 14 cells, etc).