RCU Forums - View Single Post - Phencepost
Thread: Phencepost
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2007, 06:18 PM
badger5964
My Feedback: (6)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Phencepost

My club was recently infused with 5 of these planes from hattrickrc. We rig them with 25 sized engines. Mine is the only only flown so far. It is wonderful lighter than any other combat at the field. Everyone was most impressed with the deadstick glide and the turn radius. I was flying with battled hardened veterans so I had a great advantage: those repairs always add weight.

The 25 builds differentt then that SSC by the pictures. There is not a landing skid, the fuselage is flipped, wide across narrow top to bottom. The engine sits upright and servos battery etc., need to be rearward to obtain balance without adding weight. The fin bolts to one side of fuse and the stab to the bottom. Small Berg receiver fits inside as does a 2/3AAA NiMH. Good protection for these expensive parts. My wing is fiberglassed. Using HS81 in throttle and elevator and 3003 in the aileron. I noted a couple mistakes in instructions from previous models i.e. there is not balsa trailing edge.

We have a funfly these weekend so many of these should be in the air. I'll post back with a "battle review"

These are super flying planes and the least expensive combat kit on the market. We brought five kits and with shipping it was $210, only $42 a kit. A great flyer and a great price that is very difficult to beat. If the man had a decent looking website he'd get alot more sales. I give the phencepost my unqualified recommendation.

Scott