RCU Forums - View Single Post - Mx-400 purchase
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2007, 09:10 PM
hobby_man
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Mx-400 purchase

ORIGINAL: Orion1024

Definitely sounds like it could be a vibration issue. Make sure the main and tail shafts aren't bent, the main and tail blades track properly and are balanced, etc. There's other possible causes, as well, like a damaged servo or binding somewhere. That's always half the battle of a rebuild...getting everything adjusted and working as well as it did before.
thanks for getting back to me, I really cant thank you guys enough.

Your tellin me, (about the setup) I'm about 1 battery cycle away from trashing this whole heli hobby, its really cuting into my airplane flying time.

Its a vibration issue. with out the rotor blades the heli is smoth as silk all the way up to full throttle. Once I put install the blades the problems begin.

I just cant get them balanced, and then one blade is heavier that the other so on run up the heli looks like an out of balance washing machine.

I was into this really heavy 20 years ago, not much has changed for the better In my eyes. The gyro's are better, and everything else is plastic instead of metal.

I found a bag of plastic control rod ends from my GMP King Cobra. They lock onto the ball and NO and I mean NO drag on the metal ball. The rod ends that came with my MX's are POS I cant belive what a POS mold they came from. The bind on every ball on the heli, you have to spend hours reworking them or trash them and use a different system.

check out these control rods

JUST VENTING[X(]

I loaded up the U-Can_Do 46 into the truck for the weekend, I'm going to vent off some frustraions by putting the plane through a few routines.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qn38492.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	44.0 KB
ID:	758618   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dy78142.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	48.0 KB
ID:	758619   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pu51457.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	46.8 KB