RCU Forums - View Single Post - HERE INFOS ABOUT OS 75 AX
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2007, 11:57 AM
ajcoholic
My Feedback: (10)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: HERE INFOS ABOUT OS 75 AX

ORIGINAL: kf6gub

Just received my monthly subscription to Fly RC. Once again I am disappointed that the evaluation of an engine, this time the 75AX, tells me very little towards the true worth of such an investment. In my opinion the .75AX is an "odd-sized" heavy weight that hopefully has more going for it than just the "glowing evaluation" found in this month's Fly RC. Jim

JIm,
Why not try and email me with your comments and suggestions if you are so unhappy with my engine reviews? My email is right at the top of the page in each issue.

I am always interested in knowing just why some guys see my reviews as "dissapointing" as I think I do the most thorough, fair and well rounded review in any magazine published today.

I gave the OS 75AX a glowing review because the engine performed just great - with the exception (if you guys bother to actually read my reviews you will always see the negatives or slight faults) of the fact it will hang a bit coming down quickly from a high throttle setting to a low one. A minor point for me but some may need to know.

Honestly, I dont know what else one can do with an engine than:

- break it in as per the manufacturer's directions
- run the snot out of it with many sized props and plugs and various fuels
- mount and test fly the engine
- give data such as temps and rps for said various fuels and props
- discuss the internals and externals, the quality and value

SO what the heck am I missing??

THanks,
Andrew Coholic
[email protected] <-- if you prefer to not go through the Fly RC channels...