RCU Forums - View Single Post - Pre stretching cable/ Prop differences
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2002, 09:48 AM
Blackie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pre stretching cable/ Prop differences

Ted, actually I have had it up a good several times now and had only one incident which was this past week end. Lucky enough I did what I was told to do and that was neutralize the controls and power out of the tip stall. While coming out of a knife at only two mistakes maybe two and a half high it tipped out from under me and tumbled twice before I was able to gain control, the area where it tipped was just over our tree line and the plane barely did fly out of the trees. That was a wake up call, as far as normal flight the plane flies like a glider with an engine.

As far as just following the pattern the plane flies very easy and the next time I decide to practice any type of 3D I will make sure it has plenty of hight for me to recover.

As far as your recommendation I will take it into consideration especially when I am trying to do 3D stuff.

I do have an little H9 Aresti that I can knife and other things with very well so I believe I will just stick with it when I try to learn the 3D stuff and just fly the Edge in the pattern until ready.

Randy