RCU Forums - View Single Post - Northwest hobby technologys
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2002, 01:44 AM
Jack Devine
My Feedback: (6)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default FW 190

Cub 1: My Folke Wulf 190 weighed 19 pounds when it was finished. I used a US 41 engine in it with a Quadra Carburator on it. The motor had good power and the plane flew well. I had five flights on it and sold it to a friend who was driving me nuts about buying it. The kit is a straight forward build and Carl's canopy and cowl are really nice pieces. The wing has the typical NWHT symetrical airfoil and that is what makes these planes fly so well.
I installed Robart 622 retracts and then modified the retract to limit the down travel so the gear looked right when it was down.
I built a different stop block in the retract that limits the throw of the gear to about 80 degrees but still allows it to lock. That was a lot of work. Using the gear in the stock form would work fine too. The wing is large and I cut in my own split flaps. On a foam wing this is very easy to do. I added them to my NWHT Sea Fury as well. They make these planes really easy to land and rock stable all the way to touchdown. I'm going to build another one when I get time and I think I will stay with about the same size engine. I might try a G-45 that I have. I painted it like the picture on the website from 9./JG 2 Richthofen which flew in northern France up near the English Channel in 1942. I love the black Butcher Bird on the side of the fuselage. It is one mean looking fighter.