RCU Forums - View Single Post - Glitch Busting Help
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2007, 11:47 PM
DaddySam
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Glitch Busting Help

I have been fighting a glitch in my plane all summer. It's a 29% AW Edge with a BME 44. Futuba 148 FM Fx and 9C radio. Two batteries with separate switches into a y harness. dual aileron servos (channel 1-7) dual elevator servos (2-6). All except the throttle are Hitec digitals. I've got my engine battery and switch in front of the firewall and the rest of the radio as far back as I can get. Sullivan smoke pump in channel 5. The glitch is very intermittent. The plane will fly along and all of a sudden the plane will spasm. I thought it was RF interference or vibration related interference, but today I observed this:
I set up the plane (Channel 43). My son flies on Channel 46. My Tx was on, about ten feet from the plane. The Rx batteries were on, but the engine was not. I watched as the control surfaces occasional moved, with no input from me. It did not happen with any regularity, just sat there and twitched - ailerons, rudder, elevator, throttle, smoke pump. I have changed the Rx out, and the problem remains. I fly the same Tx in a smaller glow powered Edge with zero problems, so I know it is in the wiring/servos/ switches. The small Edge is on the same channel with no glitches.
So, I'm asking for some advice on finding the glitch - causing culprit. I've jiggled wires, had the plane idling in my driveway for an hour, but it's very intermittent, but consistently appears once or twice per flight, even if there have been no indications of a glitch on the ground. I'm prepared to install new wires to every servo, switch, battery, and the smoke pump, but if there is something obvious I'm over looking I'd like to know about it.
Thanks in advance,
Sam