RCU Forums - View Single Post - Copperhead Venom 45
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2007, 10:35 PM
CopperheadAV

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Copperhead Aviation Venom 45-30

ORIGINAL: dubflyer

Hi Tim/John,

I am having major trouble with the Carb. The engine is starting for a few seconds and dies.

I replaced the ign and still the same issue. We cleaned the carb.............still the same issue. I replaced the sparkplug ..........no differencen.

Some of the folks at the field are very familiar with gas engines and they advised me to 1) Ceck both needles.....removed and cleaned plus flushed fuel through the openings 2) clean the carb; 2) Check Ign 3) Check Sparkplug.

Right now I am boxing the engine for return to John at OMP. I do not have enough time to mess with this anymore as I have lost 1/2 my week-end already putzing with this and no flying.

I was hoping to mount this engine on my Decathlon and go fly this week. The engine never ran smooth............always knocking some at idle - 4500 RPM.

My colleagues at the field feel that most of my problems are due to the carb. After following the breakin instructions to the letter I am very dissapointed that instead of the engine running smoother it is anything but and I would not attempt to put this on any plane..............an opinnion voiced by another Venoom 45 owner who witnessed the problems and amount of time cossumed to try to get this engione to run. He is the one that loaned me the ignition from his motor to try.

This week-end we also had a visit by Mr Casey Rowe at our field and he along with many others incl Jack Youngblood and Ron Nessler offered many helpful suggestions time and hands on support. I want to thank them all for putting a tremndous effort into trying to get the Venom 45 runnig.

Instead of sending your engine in for service or asking for help you post this. The guys at your field dont warranty your engine, I do.

The knocking your describing is the engine 4 stroking. No valves so no knock. If your having a issue with the carb it will be replaced at my expense but you need to give me the oppertunity to do so. Your situation is not common as desplayed by this 55 page thread. As I said, If your having issues, contact us and we will be happy to help you.

Cheers,

Tim