RCU Forums - View Single Post - DX7
Thread: DX7
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2007, 10:07 AM
thermal7

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: DX7

The thing about Spread Spectrum and 2.4 GHZ band is that you get no interference at all from Motor noise, servos and other electrical interference in that part of the radio spectrum. You can fly glitch free. All those electrical kinds of interference degrade receiver performance at 72 MHZ. You are flying in the quiet zone at the much higher 2.5 GHZ band...thats 2400 MHZ way up higher than 72 MHZ. That makes for super interference free flying and that coupled with never going to be hit by another person turning on makes it the safest way to fly your expensive models. It would be stupid not to move up to this technology immediately. Its a small investment for the INSURANCE factor of knowing you are the only one flying on a specific spread spectrum channel and be immune from all the normal kinds of interference on the 72 MHZ band.
I have Futaba, Polks and JR radios but I sure do love my DX7. The technology of Full Range Spread Spectrum no matter what brand you decide on buying is here to stay.
Ralph