View Single Post
Old 09-12-2007, 09:32 AM
dubflyer
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Copperhead Aviation Venom 45-30

Hi Mark,

just a few comments on your two part post:

1) In all my posts I have never mentioned that the engine is running on a plane. I have only run the engine on a test bench which is located at our flying field.

2) I agree with you that the only components on the electrical side not replaced at the field were the battery; switch and regulator.

As I said the engine fired each time we flipped the prop............so there was a spark..!!

If there is a large current draw with the electronic ignition then that is a new issue to me and I agree that after running the engine over 1.5 hrs that day perhaps the load on the 5 cell 2100ma battery was more than it could handle. This could very well be the source of the problem.[:-]

I have sent the engine back to OMP for testing so I am not in a position to perform a power check currently.

3) I certainly do not have the equipemt or the knowledge to perform flow tests etc on carbs so I will have to pass on this one and leave ot to the experts.

Hopefully we can get to the bottom of this problem soon and I can finally install the engine in my super decathlon.

I agree with your observation as it now seems to me to be the only logical explanation.

Many thanks for your expert opinion and for pointing me towards a very possible cause and an easy fix.

Looking forward to a smotth running Venom 45