RCU Forums - View Single Post - Top Flite 1/7 P-51 Build
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2007, 03:31 PM
Michel

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Top Flite 1/7 P-51 Build

Hi

Well I ve read this thread three times , I ve also read additional threads that were given with this thread and after all this , I m not building the 1/7 scale Mustang I M BUILDING THE TF !/5 MUSTANG GIANT ( Wooooppiii ) Whoever whats to take responseablity for this , don t be shy
I ll have the kit to-morrow night

It will have a DA-50r engine ( already ordered ) with a Keleo mufler ( just cann t wait ) with a True-Spun 5 inch spinner ( just think how that will look )

But in all seriousness , i injoyed this thread so much , I want to go as scale as much as possible , the real reason was the fuel . here in Canada its $30 a gallon ( 3.7 Liter ). This year alone I spent almost $500 in fuel , thats a lot of money . The DA50r can go onto a lot of planes and the eqvalant is $60 in gas

Another reason was the size of the tank 14oz for a Saito 125 , pushing the throudle , a 8 minute flight , just not long enoegh .

The Giant Mustang will cost me about $500 more and it will be more stable in the air , but these are just my personal thoughts .

This is one of the best thread builds on RCU .

Thanks too everyone

Be well and have fun .

Michel [8D]