RCU Forums - View Single Post - Check it out.
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2007, 11:15 AM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Check it out.

ORIGINAL: Silent-AV8R

//SNIP//

Again, Horrace wants you to think this is the case. But he knows perfectly well that the people who made the decision know him and his qualifications and experience.
No cigars for that ASSumption, savav8r. Anyone on that council that doesn't know me, or at least OF me, just has to be one ignorant piece of work. I was very surprised when a DVP called me and asked such a question AFTER he had had the paperwork in his hands. I find it very unprofessional that an elected official having the responsibility to select member-nominated candidates to such a job as the President of the Academy of Model Aeronautics could have such a lapse of memory.
Of course if I had been given the opportunity to be an official candidate, then he most likely would NOT be on that ballot. Let's see now, if you, SAV, were to do some real thinking, when I use to go to Phoenix to race Warbirds, I did a lot of persuasion to a person there to get him to run for DVP, so he knows me well. Now I worked on a committee with an eastern DVP to get a thing approved by AMA, so he knows my background. All the DVPs, except D-XIII, have seen my resume a few times. So that mid-country DVP must have just had a "Senior Moment".

Using Red's post above, here is how Horrace fared in the last 3 elections (2 of which were within his own District:

2000 DVP = 0.13% of total
2002 EVP = 16.2% of total
2003 DVP = 18.7% of total.

So I guess you can argue that he is gaining traction.
Using Red's figures, I question WHY Red included the 2000 election when I WAS NOT RUNNING for anything? [:-]

I question WHY Red "forgot" the 2005 EVP election with a tad bit higher percentage

So if anyone wants to know what Horrace (Hossfly) really thinks, here it is:
Not one DVP wanted to take the chance that with the significant number of member nominations that I had, especially from the different sections of the country, that Horrace Cain had a darn good chance to unseat the GOB syndrome, and none there wanted to have to face me if that should have happened. Such would have been a mandate from the membership that business-as-usual would have to come to an end.

Now all will remain cozy and no real work will be required.