RCU Forums - View Single Post - Goldberg Ultimate 10-300 build
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2007, 01:50 AM
Thinn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Goldberg Ultimate 10-300 build

ORIGINAL: kerrydel

I'm interested in this kit, but I'd like to find out from the group how this plane flies. I built a GP Super Skybolt, but it was short-lived (dumb thumbs - don't ask). I'm not overly heart broken over the lose. There was HORRIBLE rudder coupling on that plane. There was NO WAY to do a knife edge with it. Everything else seemed fine with it. It was my first bipe, so I don't know if I screwed something up. A flying buddy says his SIG Hog Bipe also has quite a bit of coupling too.

So, I'd know how good a flier this plane turns out to be? I'm sure it won't be as nice as my Yak 54, but I don't want a dog either.

Thanks for your input.

Kerry
The CG Ultimate is a wonderful flier...! It has a rather long tail moment, so it tracks better than the average short-tailed bipes. Also, the knife-edge qualities are awsome... Just remember to have a strong enough servo on the rudder! (min.6-7kg).
There are not a lot of planes that are without couplings in knife-edge, but the CG Ultimate is one of the better ones... You might want to mix in a bit of elevator to the rudder, but it does not roll out too much. I flew my CG Ultimate rater on the tail-heavy side for better 3D, and that helped on the knife-edge tracking and straight downlines.
Normally I fly pattern (F3A) planes, but I still have 5 Ultimates in different sizes due to their extraordinary capabilities!
No, this plane is not a bad choice!