RCU Forums - View Single Post - Zero for surestart
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2007, 10:13 AM
lz-23

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Zero for surestart

Tail have basswood spar which give me much stronger tail than just balsa. Also I'll have to add little more wood here and there. On previous my model (Bristol Scout) I make this mistake to rely on balsa wood only, and her tail is pretty flexible. But being electro model she is flying very well. Also doculam covering give extra strength. Wing use flat bottom airfoil, similar to Clark Y, which I hope will be useful, even if is not the best for the task. There I have 3 basswood spars 1/8x1/8 and 1/4x1/4 leading and 1/4x1/8 trailing edges. So far wing consoles are 20 gr (0.71oz) total. Since this is my first 1/2A, I'm not planing on much stunt for this model. Also I'll have to use a way of shutting down the engine without throttle. What I have done before successfully was to use metal fuel tank with all fuel lines soldered in place. Usually when model is inverted for longer than few seconds, engine shuts down. This approach always require some gliding abilities of the airframe and some extra hight when you perform it. Hope that airframe will be light enough for that.