RCU Forums - View Single Post - WACO YMF
Thread: WACO YMF
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2007, 03:28 PM
skylarkmk1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: WACO YMF

Jim,

Don't have any pictures, have not started on the Waco and every thing else is covered. I have the 1/6th scale plans (digital and paper), but am liking the 1/5th scale (digital plans) better and better (note to self; order paper plans). On my Super Cub (RCM -May 98, enlarged to 1/5th/84”) I did put some holes in the ribs, but didn't think it mattered much or made much difference due to the wing area. The picture is of the 1/6th rib at section "C" (midway between fuselage and aileron) on what I was planning. The nose hole is 1/2" and the three Mid chord holes are 3/4" (you will have to adjust for 1/5th). The rear hole will be lined with a paper tube for the aileron servo lead on the lower wing. Even though the ribs are there just to keep the fabric apart and other parts in alignment, they need support to keep the top and bottom apart. I like to keep 3/16" minimum along the top and bottom, 1/2" minimum from the spars, leading edges and between holes. I don't cut holes in ribs where struts attach or any other area that may need extra strength. I do think Barth removed too much rib material, the diagonals are cross grain to their length and therefore quite weak unless made from "lite" ply.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig11662.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	18.9 KB
ID:	767230