RCU Forums - View Single Post - Building the Hangar 9 Cessna 182 Skylane
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2007, 01:28 AM
[email protected]

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Building the Hangar 9 Cessna 182 Skylane

Hi guys
Just to give you all an update on my 182, it arrived from the states yesterday (Friday) and on opening the box
I inspected all the parts just to make sure that all was well with everything.
There was a few dents on the packing but the model was all intact due mainly to the very efficient way it's packed up.
the only thing I noticed was a few wrinkles on the wings,tail feathers and some small ones on the fuselage which shouldn't take much to
remove with a quick run over with the heat gun.
This is one very large model.
I don't like the tinted window glass though and will probably exchange this for a clear allternative to allow you to see into the cockpit area.
the size of this model will lend itself to having 2 action man size figures for pilots put in there as this will be about the right size for the scale.
Each of these figures(full body)are about 10" tall and I will have to get the wife to fashion some sort of outfit for them to wear.

Has anyone used these before for pilot figures and also has anyone changed the window glass to clear acetate???
One other question is what servos to use as I was going to put in HiTech Hi Torque Digitals for everything with exceptions of the throttle.

Your thoughts guys would be much appreciated on the above.

I also ordered the nav light system from Electro Dynamics which is on its way. When I last checked the tracking number it had left O'Hare airport in Chicago
so it should arrive here soon.
I also took delivery of a new Zenoha 26 and also a scale nose leg from belair Digital down in England which is a really nice piece of machining work.
Anyway guys your thoughts on the above questions would be much appreciated.
I'll try and post some pictures of the build process as I go along.

regards to all from Steve in Scotland

O one more thing I will have to travel to Seattle for work purposes on 16th October so if any you guys know of any good model shops let me know.