Thread: WACO YMF
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2007, 05:52 AM
Stickbuilder

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: WACO YMF

ORIGINAL: Redwulf__34

Thanks Stickbuilder.
That clears it up. I also thought by one piece you meant one piece entire wing both top and bottom all one, I was going to go all the way around in one piece. Glad you cleared that up as well.

No shrinking can be done until the wing is completely covered, top and bottom? That sounds like a no brainer but I've been wrong a few times here. By shrinking the bottom without the top covered would cause a twist or warp in the structure, right?

Sean
Sean,

You can do the wing i one piece. Just adhere the bottom to the trailing edge first, then wrap the wing ending at the trailing edge. But, before shrinking the fabric, I would reccomend adhering the leading edge and the tips. Your first try, you would probably be better off to only do the bottom, and then the top. It gets to be a little unweildly otherwise. Just give it a try and you will see how it goes. Once the bottom is covered, you can shrink the fabric lightly. Just be sure not to pull any warps in the wing. This stuff is strong, and you can warp something if not careful.

Bill, AMA 4720
WACO Brotherhood #1

I'm sending you a pm with my phone number. Call me and I'll walk you through this.