RCU Forums - View Single Post - Buiding the 33% Waco YMF-5 Barth Modellbau
Old 09-23-2007, 04:04 AM
redcesar

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default RE: Buiding pics Waco YMF-5 Barth Modellbau

ORIGINAL: BigBoy99

I know this model, it´s simply too expansive...1821€...wow! Mind you, a kit, not an ARF!!!

First important thing for me is, to bring the Waco in the air and healthy back to the earth, and have a lot of fun with her
A long time later I will think about a new model. Perhaps a big Warbird for the Moki, .......or a big GeeBee R3 from Airworld
she kost´s ONLY 2600€ http://www.airworld.online.de/Deutsc...Bee/Geebee.htm

The work of the fuse is ending soon, than I have to make the N-Struts and than I can finally cover the wings and the stab.
I mean, January or February she will get ready. 10 month building time with a lot details...that´s OK.
See You

Bernie
Hi Bernie,

Yes that is a lot of money, but we are trying to get only the GFK fuse and the other small GFK parts that is aprox 500,-- € The building plans are maybe 80,-- €.
The rest we can buy ourselves in our local shop.

Yes 10 months building time is not much ,
Have you think already in which color you make the Waco? And are you spray it or use a roller.

I have done it with a velvet roller and if your paint is a litle bit warm and thin enough the result turned out better than expected.

**Off topic**
For the winter months I am flying with a Piper Pawnee span 2,7 mtr. I have bought it second-hand. I am now busy with an other exhaust. The standaard exhaust that is on the ZG62 is to restrictive so I have build a low budget cannister made out of two spray cans and build it in the fuse. I hope i get some more rpm now out the ZG62.

Grüßen,

Ruud.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp43261.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	768110   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wr53814.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	768111   Click image for larger version

Name:	Di11180.jpg