Thread: WACO YMF
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2007, 06:49 PM
SuperCub Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: WACO YMF

ORIGINAL: skylarkmk1

Jim,

Don't have any pictures, have not started on the Waco and every thing else is covered. I have the 1/6th scale plans (digital and paper), but am liking the 1/5th scale (digital plans) better and better (note to self; order paper plans). On my Super Cub (RCM -May 98, enlarged to 1/5th/84”) I did put some holes in the ribs, but didn't think it mattered much or made much difference due to the wing area.
Well John - My buddy who leant me the grams scales was over to look at my progress and had a good laugh when he showed me that I had read the scales wrong and that my decimal was out one place!! I saved .6 oz. not 6 oz. drilling out the tail feathers. When I stop and think of it nearly 1/2 lb. is really a ridiculous amount!! Just past my 75th and I guess that allows me to be stupid!! With such "small" weight savings, I've now decided to only drill one 3/4" hole in the ribs and save myself a lot of work. I can pass the servo wiring through easily and I'll drill small holes for the flying lights wiring as needed. Lots of fun keeping the Forstner from galling up with the soft balsa - but it's done. The wing center is now built and moving on to the outer panels. I build the center panel and the right panel all at one time. Will post a pix of the setup later.