RCU Forums - View Single Post - Great Planes PT- 17 Stearman ARF
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2007, 07:42 AM
Xairflyer
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Great Planes PT- 17 Stearman ARF

Have mine flying now with about 10 flights clocked up since last week. Really pleased with it it is exactly what I wanted and expected it would be.
I re-covered it as I wanted a blue/yellow (real stearman) colour scheme, rudder was a bit of work with the stripes and still have the top wing to do as my version dos'nt have the red stripes, just stars.
Hav'nt done any rigging or other scale details other than the cockpit, wanted to get it flying first. Also fitted larger wheels than came in the kit as 5" is more scale and looks better.

Fitted the best engine in the world the Super Tigre 25cc and it is a perfect match, loads of power and a great real stearman rasp out of it with the jtec box silencer. I have a 18 x 6 master on it at the moment but will try a similar size wood soon.

With this engine the CG was perfect never added any lead, came out at 14lb, used a 4 cell 2400 NimH AA size battery and JR PCM reciever fitted in same place as shown in manual.
I used high torque towerpro MG995 metal gear servo's on the ailerons and elevator, JR591's on rudder and throttle. The towerpro servo's are budget servo's available on ebay and I have used them before and think they are excellent value for money.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us53211.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	90.9 KB
ID:	768961   Click image for larger version

Name:	Up47778.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	768962