RCU Forums - View Single Post - F-100 "Build" thread
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2007, 10:22 PM
rhklenke
My Feedback: (24)

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts
Default RE: F-100 "Build" thread

After Ron was finished, I drove back up to his shop and picked it up. That was late last January. I spent the entire time from then until Fl Jets getting the cockpits partially done. I will post more pictures of those later, but suffice it to say that the Cutting Edge cockpits are very detailed, but it takes a LOT of work to get them to fit OK and look right in the F-100F...

I took the fuse. with the cockpits down to Fl Jets to show the owner and then brought it back home. This summer was going to be the time to finish it, but work and family obligations kept me from spending any real time on it until last month...

Now we get to where we are now - the final building and gearing up.

First, we tackle the air systems. This airplane normally has seperate air systems - gear, doors, speed brake, and wheel brakes. Two tanks are used for the gear to make sure there is enough air volume. With the opening canopy and the EZ-Drops in the wing, this plane has 5 air systems - all of the above and an "Aux." system. That's 5 air systems and 6 tanks. They all can be made to fit into the nose around the intake.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us52725.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	51.3 KB
ID:	769541