RCU Forums - View Single Post - CMPro 71" Fw-190 kitbash
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2007, 06:57 AM
ticketec
My Feedback: (2)

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: CMPro 71" Fw-190 kitbash

ORIGINAL: OZYRAY

HI,BEEN FLYING A CMP 190 FOR 2 YEARS.POWERED BY A OS 120 E FOURSTROKE. ANY MORE POWER AND IT WOULD BE SO UNSCALE.ITS FITTED WITH ALL METAL EUROKIT RETRACTS. A GOOD SOLID ARTF. YOU MAY OF BEEN BETER OF BUILDING FROM A PLAN1 OZ
Hey Ozyray,

If you go back and read the thread, you will see that i have already gone through all the points you made...

I agree with you as i have stated earlier, except for the os 120 fs being enough power. I had a brand new os 120 fs pumper in mine and the power was marinal to say the least. given that i was running the engine in at the time if you go back you will read that i have put the 40cc motor in so that i can spin an almost scale sized 3 blade prop and therefore making her MORE scale. That, and were i fly there are some nasty trees that have this habit of snatching models out of the sky, so it's handy to have a little extra power on tap to get out of those situation. not that i have been caught out before, but you never know.

I normally do scratch build, and kit build, but this is an inbetwen projects kitbash. and i have never kitbashed a model to this extent either so it's something new too.

How do you find your eurokit retracts? which ones did you use and are they set to scale angles? I'm still waiting on lenny at shindin so have started to look at other option including the set that comes with the yt/KMP Fw-190.

Thanks

Dave