RCU Forums - View Single Post - WACO YMF
Thread: WACO YMF
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2007, 05:02 AM
Stickbuilder

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: WACO YMF

George,

I, personally hope that the reason for the low selling price, is/was due to the fact that now anyone can order the plans and templates, buy the wood, order the cowl and wheel pants, and have a model of the WACO, built with new wood, for less than a die crunched old Pica kit.

Of course, it also might have to do with this being an opened kit, and from the photos that were taken, the box has suffered damage, and possibly the wood as well. The eventual buyer has been in contact with me, and plans to build it. Good for him. I wish him great success with it.

Me, I couldn't justify (a) another one of them, (b) having to recut so many parts, (c) finding space for another one. I am drooling over the prospect of being able to mount a Sierra Giant main gear set on mine. The main gear has always been a problem with this model, since there was no way to mount a true scale gear. I should not say that there was no way, since most of us could have made a working scale gear, if we had wanted to badly enough. Anyway, I can't wait to get my hands on one of the first sets. I have stopped working on the fuse until we find out if one will be available. I'm not going to tear the gear out of mine yet, but I don't want to have to undo more than I already will need to remove to change out the gear.

Bill, AMA 4720
WACO Brotherhood #1