RCU Forums - View Single Post - KMP / YT FW-190 Build Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2007, 07:57 PM
H8Basher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: KMP / YT FW-190 Build Thread

I have just started mine also. I wasn't happy with the location of the hinges (my flaps and ailerons were all about 2-3mm more outboard than they should have been) so have fixed that first.
Also, one of the gear doors did not fit the wing properly. I compared both wings and both doors and it seemed like it was the wing that was at fault. This was easily fixed with a little trimming with a knife.
My kit was delivered with the retracts, oleos and aluminum wheels. (bought in Australia from my LHS) They seem to be OK from my limited testing, but do seem to have a little more play than you would have from a premium set. This would be fairly easy to fix with a little machine work. The long legs magnify the situation, so you get about 3/8" of movement in each direction at the wheel.

Overall, I am really impressed with the quality of this kit. There are some really innovative techniques used in the construction, particularly the fiberglass backed up with a thin hard foam layer on the wings.

Mine will be powered by a Saito 170 radial, which I hope to have delivered in the next week or two.