RCU Forums - View Single Post - Induction Timing
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2007, 11:43 PM
SAVAGEJIM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Induction Timing

ORIGINAL: FastRcCars

No Jim I am not and I am not a name dropper but I also do not want to be mr mystery, so I will say that his engines and Mods power the fastest RC drag car in the World , Melvin Alston IMDRA Extreme class. This is an actual Quote from an email he sent me "I was flown to Italy by Mario Rossi of Novarossi engines to consult him on new engine development, Mario and I are good friends now , and he sends me engines every month for Mods."
Me, My name is nobody in this world but I am highly trained and experienced for all sorts of engines. My true calling is Hotrods and I can say that in the mid 80's to the late 90's I was well known and had customers from all over the world. Many of the cars I did ended up in one mag or another, But in the late 90's I moved to the moutains and I did not own property, there were no shops to rent so to work at a cycle shop I went. It was a lot of fun and for 5 years I got to take home water craft to test because I lived on the lake. (alot of time it was to make sure the vibration was gone.) Jim I can tell you I have met many engineers for one thing or another and even in design and as I said before math is how its done. I think this is a good post and your theory seems right on but I would like to see what Erik thinks after all he's the man. One thing, the diagram you have that shows where to grind the sides of the crank window could be misleading to a noob. I know it is an example to show where the changes will be after preforming the calculations, but some might look at the pic and start grinding away... but all in all as I said before it is real good for someone to get this far with out working in the biz. (in and around mod shops) Thanks, FastRcCars[>:]
None the less, I really want to hear his feedback, so I therefore look forward to his post. I really want to hear his criticism since I am constantly learning. And I find it an absolute blessing from learning from a licensed expert. I cant wait to see what information he can post to teach me more.

As it so turns out, I cannot edit my original post anymore; worse yet, some of my original post was cut off. So any addendum I need to do will have to come in the following posts.

As for a CNC machin to mod the engine, I wholeheartedly agree. I would love to have the exacting precision of such machining instead of hands and Dremel bits. Unfortunately, I am a casual RC fan and do not have the money to buy a quality CNC machine. I would love to have one though so I could get into modding, even semi-professionally.