RCU Forums - View Single Post - DQA 704 first flights
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2007, 12:53 PM
logair

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: DQA 704 first flights

ptulmer, If you build the airplane according to the plans maintaining the wing and horizontal stab. incidence as shown on the plans it should fly ok to start. Start with the balance point on the main spar. I had to move the battery to the forward bay to prevent stalls under power. This model was a step back in time for me since I had built one in 1965 using an MDL superregen rec. Babcock escapement and a Cox 020 reed valve engine. It flew great. Most of the old single channel airplanes of this type were realy freeflight with occational radio input to make turns. However it is supprising the manuevers that can be done with only rudder control. I covered my recent one with ultracote because that's all I had. The fuselage and tail received two coates of aerogloss filler, and two coates brushed on Stearman red. I have several bottles of aeroglos paints still usable from the 70's. It has a 4ch. Hitec rec. bat. pack and small servo. It came out at 11oz. The instructions say not to go over that. I would post a picture but for some reason am having trouble uploading. Logair