RCU Forums - View Single Post - 1/4 Tiger Moths
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2007, 06:50 AM
Andrewmc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 1/4 Tiger Moths

I have purchased the plans and part set from traplet for the Duncan Hutson Tiger Moth. From date of order to delivery in Cape Town, South Africa took a little over 1 week, which really impressed me. While strictly speaking this is not a kit it does come with the fuselage and wing formers pre cut and with a fibreglass cowl, scale fuel tank and scale de Haviland wheels. All the std type hardware and wood still requires purchasing. To assist this is a very comprehensive parts list also listing special items like Mick Reeves turnbuckles, which I also ordered and received in the post 5 days later - even more impressed.

I am still in the process of purchasing all of the materials and expect to be in a position to start building early in the new year. From a cost point of view, even with delivery charges to South Africa (about GBP 250) the Clarke Industries Kit would be less expensive and you would save the hassle of having to purchase all the little bits yourself - although I have quite enjoyed doing that as it gets you familiar with all the components and what they are for.

I have purchased a Laser 180 engine for the model and if you are interested could put together the total cost of kitting up the plans.

Regarsd

Andrew McConnell