RCU Forums - View Single Post - Properly introduce myself!
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2007, 08:17 PM
burns959

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Properly introduce myself!

Lurked here a bit, and finally got the RC. Now for the intro (long...)

Well after a VERY long journey to get the car, it finally arrived; after almost a month of shipping time from ebay [>:]

My friends and I got very anxious to start her up, and a few pulls and starts, the car turns on, then back off. A couple more cranks on the pull starter and the thing jams. We were very frustrated and ou knowledge on RC cars was %0.

We ultimately had the guts to open her up and fiddle around with the coil and pull starter, but to no avail. The engine was stuck (later found it was hydra-locked. Took her to the shop the next day, he just yanked a tad harder and she fired up. Felt embaressed and proud at the same time. For actually struggling for hours with the coil, thinking we put it wrong, but it turns around we coiled it up right

Anyways today was the break in, and after a couple of screw turnings back and forth, she seems to be very good. Shes running very well. This thing really hauls too. A couple of pics of her before she starts to get beat. And would anyone suggest any tweaks to make it run better in stock form for the FW-05T? Thanks in advance and I hope to have a great time on this forum !