RCU Forums - View Single Post - "Unofficial" Vulcan 450SE, Pigeon 450, GL450 Thread
Old 10-10-2007, 07:10 PM
TEKoosed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: "Unofficial" Vulcan 450SE, Pigeon 450, GL450 Thread

How ya doing? Thank goodness for this site....it might just be you and I for a while....

I guess I am the lucky one though because I am just a flat out ROOKIE when it comes to RC....

My uncle got me going several months ago and the bug just flat out bit me....though I am older I always wanted to do this since I was a kid....now that I am able to somewhat afford this hobby I am totally excited about getting going....

So what did I do....I jumped in with both feet and bought the Vulcan 450SE as my flag ship...hahahahaha

My thought here was not just insanity....I figured if I have to build the thing I will get a great understanding of what I am doing and how everything works....sounds good until I barrell it into the ground and watch it disintegrate...huh

Well so far what I have done (received the box last week):

- opened the box and thought about sending it back....hahahaha
- purchased a different set of landing gear struts from my local hobby store....really like them...heavier and look great....(jchobbies.com-buy online)
- installed land gear struts and skids
- attached fins and rear rud servo stuff....
- basically I am just getting started
- I am currently in the process of rechecking all of the screws and using loctite

I appreciate the info on the downloading of the videos....they are really halping alot....

I did purchase the Spectrum DX6 system after doing much reading and research....for what I will be doing over the next year or two I think this is a great unit..

Any advice on gyros?