RCU Forums - View Single Post - OS Max 55 AX issues
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2007, 06:56 PM
Sarosh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OS Max 55 AX issues

Hello, so here it is, I purchased a OS Max 55AX for my Funtana 50. I broke in the engine according to the engine manual and my knowledge in the past with other engines. It is properly broken in, but i used Slimline Pitts. Well, I have ran through like 7 tanks, and i can not go under 3 turns without the engine reaching over 250 degrees. ON the ground full throttle testing, how long do you guys let it go at full throttle to test things out? I held it at full throttle for like 5-10 seconds, then read the temp, anything under 3 turns it goes past 320 degrees. Tach is around 11300-11700 rpm. The spec states it produces its max power at 16,000 rpms and normal starting setting on the main needle is 1.5 turns. I cant get it anywhere close to 1.5 without it overheating.

After a discussion in another thread, it seems like that its not getting enough pressure in the tank. So i tried to use my stock muffler that came with the engine, and it is still the same results as using the Pitts muffler. I am using OS #8 plug, 15 percent Cool power fully synthenic fuel.

What temps are you guys with the same engine running at? what is the normal operating temps? using stock muffler, or pitts or what muffler? Whats going on with the motor? does it need to break in more longer than 7 tanks?