RCU Forums - View Single Post - Building the Hangar 9 Cessna 182 Skylane
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2007, 03:30 AM
[email protected]

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Building the Hangar 9 Cessna 182 Skylane

Hi Guys
My Cessna is just about finished and should be ready for its maiden flight soon.
I am off to Seattle for a meeting on Tuesday so this will have to wait until I get back home to Scotland.

I'm only waiting on a few items to complete like a white tail nav light and a red beacon for the under side of the fuselage.
All the other lights are installed and working fine.
I got these from Electro Dynamics.
I also fitted the after market noseleg to mine but to install this the first thing I did was to get a piece of card and hold this up to the front firewall.
the straight edge of the card was placed under the engine box and i traced around the bottom piece next to the former.
This gave me a template to use to allow me to cut a full piece of 1/4" birch ply to cover the whole bottom area.
Once I cut this out I gave it a rough sand and used 30 min epoxy to glue to the firewall.
I had already drilled and installed the t-nuts for the nosegear which I bought from Belair Digital in Norfolk England which is very similar to the Sierra one and these helped to pull the ply into position and hold it until the glue had set up.

One additional thing I did within the cabin area was to go to the local electrical supplier and buy a length of that electrical wire conduit.
You know the rectangular one with the snap on front. I cut 2 x 8"pieces of this and fixed them from the floor of the cabin up to just above the side windows.
This is excellent for concealing all the wiring that goes up to the wings and saves it trailing all over the cabin area.

I'll get some photos and maybe even a video with all the nav lights working when I return from the States.

Happy Building & Flying Guys

Steve