RCU Forums - View Single Post - Building the Hangar 9 Cessna 182 Skylane
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2007, 08:15 AM
JoeMamma

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Building the Hangar 9 Cessna 182 Skylane

Edward and Steve,

Thanks for the info on the nose gear. I went digging through my old copies of RC Report and found the Sierra article (Nov. 2003). I planned on ordering the Sierra unit today.

After having two different firewalls fail on two different Hanger 9 ARF's, I had planned on beefing up the Cessna's. Hanger 9 puts out some really nice scale ARF's, but their lack of quality control is quite evident ! How do you say CHINA GLUE ![:@]

This Cessna will probably take me forever to finish assembling as I'm currently assembling an OS 1.6FX powered Hanger 9 Sundowner, a Dual Ace twin powered with a pair of OS 52 4-strokes, an EFlite P-38, a 100 mph over-powered electric ducted fan in an Alfa F-86 jet and other various RC projects. Did I forget to mention I'm also happily retired ?? [8D] Too many airplanes....not enough time !!!

Ed: I noticed you are from Lake Orion. Do you belong to a local club ? I'm a member of the Radio Control Club of Detroit (RCCD). We have a real nice grass field in Lenox Township. I try to get out flying at least twice a week.

Steve: Any chance you could take a pic of the wire routing conduit ? I called some electrical suppliers. They only carry large conduit. Can't wait to see the video of your lighting system.

I still need to drive over to see Andy at ElectroDynamics to pick up my lighting system. His wife Kathy told me they have a display model with a working lighting system.

Thanks Again,
Joe