RCU Forums - View Single Post - OS Max 55 AX issues
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2007, 06:41 PM
Sarosh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OS Max 55 AX issues

Just ran some tests today after work with the cowl off, using stock muffler and the 1.5 inch extension, i found it to run the best at 3turns out, when i pinch the line it revs up rapidly, i kept turning in the needle until it no longer revs up, and then turned it back around 1/4 turns, ran it at full throttle from there, rpms read 12300 to 12400 rpm. then i let it idle for long period, i wanted to empty the tank, then decided to rapidly advance the throttle to full, and read the tach, it was holding it at around 11900 to 12000. Idles at 1800. seems to be running fine. runs the same as with cowl on. i am going to the field most of the day tomorrow, and also pick up new different fuel, one with castor. The hobby shop where i bought the plane from also the engine from, he recommended the engine to me because i was not interested in the expensive Saito engine at that moment. he recommeneded the 13x6 prop which i broke it, so now its running 12.25x3.25 (sorry was wrong on the size at first place in my previous post)

Also he recommended the cool power 15% which is the exact same fuel i use for my OS 50SX-Hyper in my Raptor heli. Runs excellent with that engine, lots of smoke for the heli, but barely visible smoke with the 55ax engine. Hopefully my lhd has the right fuel i need. The LHD here, 2 of them, all are pointless shops. dont have anything in stock really... so i usually have to head out to the Twin Cities(2hr) or St. CLoud(1hr) to get some parts and stuff.

I decided to peak out the rpm on the engine to see where it peaks off at, it peaked around 12800 to 12900. but at that point, when I pinch the fuel line quickly, it does not do anything, and holding it little longer will drop rpm.

Now i need to fix the hortizal stablitzer support rods, i broke them from my foot holding the plane from taking off!

I am seriously considering getting Saito pretty soon, because it seems to be the best choice from what i have read around RCU, and other reviews. Just not so sure what size to go for yet. Plus i have been drooling on the Katana Extreme from ultra. but have read that Ultra is not being responsive for long time.